Hello from Port Perry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all from Port Perry, Ontario

I'm a 54 year old with an avid interest in Vintage electronics thanks to my youngest daughter who is now 19 and attending University in England.

About 18 moths ago she convinced my to hook up my dad's old equipment and listen to some vinyl instead of tossing it into the garbage bin. Well I've been hooked every since and now so is she!

We started with a Technics SA-300, a technics belt drive turntable and a pair of Studio Lab speakers. I think at last count we have 7 receivers, 2 integrated amps, a reel to reel, 5 pairs of speakers, 2 tuners and 6 turntables. The most fun was picking up a Thorens TD-165 and doing a complete rebuild including a new plinth and tonearm. I now have a TD-125 MK II that I have yet to start customizing but it's my main table right now and sounds fabulous.

I'm really looking forward to the exchange of ideas and information on this site! I'm know nothing about electronics but I'm learning quickly and hope that I can contribute as well as absorb. Thanks.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Budsker,
Not only are you older than I am (by a little), but you are colder than I am too! ;) We have a 4' drift in the back yard and not really too much snow anywhere else. How about you guys?

I now have a TD-125 MK II that I have yet to start customizing but it's my main table right now and sounds fabulous.
Maintain it, but don't mod it. The original arm is very good, so leave it on there. I have a TD-125MKII as well. It's my best of a few. Just bought an Ortofon 540 for it. Currently there is an Ortofon VMS-30E on it.

Welcome to the forums!

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.