Hello from Vienna!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I'm ready to take my various decks to pieces, to get my hands oily, and my mind frazzled! I'm new to this DIY hi-fi lark...so will be open to advice. I've gone from Rega P25 to old Thorens and Connoisseur decks. I'm aiming for old valve amplifiers. I'd love QUAD ELS57's. Old is, sometimes, good.

Thanks BHD. By the way, we Brits are generally as clueless when it comes to foreign languages as anyone from the States. I certainly am. Luckily, my Norwegian other half not only speaks English better than me, she can also get by pretty well in German. Oh for a decent education system in blighty! To matters Hi-Fi. Vienna not only has several decent dealers, it is also a darn good place to buy second hand vinyl and CD's. And, unlike most stores in the UK, you can usually spend many happy hours listening to music before buying. I've discovered countless jazz talents by giving something a try at the counter on the available turntables and CD players. It's such a simple idea...why don't the shops at home try it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.