Hello from Oregon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Everyone - sorry this is kinda long, I got carried away.

My name is Stephen and I am an audioholic. A naive audioholic at that.

I started experimenting with audio when I was 17. I had installed an Alpine CDA-7995 Pre-amp, running two vintage Zapco amps that fed MB Quart Premium 3-ways and a Phoenix Gold Titanium 10" sub in a sealed enclosure into my '70 Chevy K-10 truck.

And that was just the beginning. I later devoted my attention to home audio in an attempt for a higher degree of sonic purity. Being only 21 now, I have a fairly modest system, but one that I am proud of. It consists of a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio/60 v2's, Paradigm UltraCube 10" Sub, Rotel RTC-970 Pre-amp, Parasound HCA-1000A Power Amp, and a Yamaha DVD-S795.

That was all fine and dandy for a good year or so, but since this last winter break (I'm a college student), I have have started to realize that name-brand components are not always what they are cracked up to be. Over the break I was introduced to TNT-Audio.com and quickly learned the value and pleasure of DIY when I built my first pair of homebrew speaker cables. As simple as it was, I was shocked with the amazement of the detail and imaging that I had not heard before. Needless to say, it begged me to ask the question "so how much more is there?" and I was interested enough in learning that I am now an electrical theory student.

I'm finding that there is so much more I would like to do... I just don't know where to start, but hopefully this forum will help (more than enough I am sure).

Thanks for reading!

Stephen

Thank you guys for your welcome! I'm extremely excited to get started in this community.

Any suggestions where a good starting point is for modifying? I have an older pair of Venturi V52 bookshelfs that I was thinking might be interesting with a sonic impact or another tripath based amp (or two.:) ) Eventually I would like to modify my parasound since I have heard good things about that amp afterward, but I figure that one I won't be ready for, for quite some time.

Steve:
Thank you for your invite, I would definitely love to attend, but I am going to school in Eugene right now, so a two hour drive is not too possible midweek... but this summer I might be able to find my way up to a meeting. Again, thank you for the invite.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.