Greetings, people!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First off, you guys seem diehard about audio, and I love it. I'm somewhat surprised to come across a community like this, and as a developing audionut, I felt like joining you all.

I have no where near the level of experience that 95% of you do, and i'm probably much younger, but as of lately i've taken most of my free time and put it towards reading about audio and speakers, and messing around with what I have.

Most of my audio experience has been with cars. I'm just finishing the SQ system on my subaru.

My home system though is lacking badly. I just picked up this Pioneer VSX D510 receiver off ebay cheap. Now i'm inclined to put together some type of speaker system.

The only things I have to work with are these Realistic/Radioshack Nova-10's. They're 50w max @ 8ohms. Walnut cabinets with 8" woofers, 2" or 2 1/2" cone tweeters, and 8" passive radiators. Since the receiver is 100w x 5, I was considering replacing the components with something more hefty.

I couldnt find many options for woofers or tweeters that would suit me. Parts Express is the only place I know of, and they didnt have many cone tweeters to work with, and the woofer selection was lacking. The cabinet is 1.5 cubic ft.

For rear speakers, I was thinking of getting a Dayton BR-1 2-way speaker kit.

I spent all of my money on my car, so my budget is minimal. Somewhere around 150 for both front and rears.

Thanks, and it's nice to be a part of your forums.

Stephen

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Stephen,
Thanks for joining. In life you can’t have everything at ones. I spend 35+ years to gain the gear I have now. :)

Ask your question in another technical forum, assuming speakers is your biggest concern at the moment. You’ll meet some great people over there.

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.