Amplifier Making Suggestion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

Lemme start by accepting that I am a dumb as far as electronic designing is concerned. But at the same time, I am an audiophile. I am in the process of making a home theatre system with 50W per channel on a 5 channel system. I have two tower spekers (Sony), gatheres a assembled 10+10 band graphic equaliser. I am running the system with a very old amp that I had in my college days. Now I am looking at making a amplifier to temporarily close the cycle.

I am in search of some suggestions and help from you guys in this direction. It would be of great help if you guys can guide me with the options available to make a amplifier of my own. If I make a amplifier with 5 channels and run only 2 channels for the time being, will it be good idea ? How would I make the 5 channels split without having a dolby/digital AV circuit in between ?

Guys, I dont understand very techy language. Please help me with this....

Thanks in Advance

Debi

Thank you SkinnyBoy,

You answered some of my questions about not powering the 3 channels.

Yeah I should have to use a decoder to split the channels. I am going in an incremental way coz out here in India, the things are pretty expensive. And can you suggest me how I should go about making a amp of my own ? Any circuits....or whatever you can help me with.

Thank you again...

Debi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.