New Member with lots of pics..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone. I was looking for some tweeters for my a200's and came upon this site. I figured I would show off some of my stuff.

I got/made most of this stuff at the beginning of the year. First I got some boston acoustic a200's for 100$ that needed some work (woofer surround, loose wiring, etc). Then I bought a NAD 705 Receiver that was in great condition.
I had my little setup but couldn't find a tv stand that I liked or was solid enough so I decided to try to make one myself.
First I got the idea.
f3cc1b00.jpg

e2921872.jpg

4e32af83.jpg

4b2cf4a7.jpg

589faa33.jpg

e065b862.jpg

End product was this..
4408022d.jpg

5d4231d0.jpg

All the wood is Pine except for the long side pieces which are Cherry wood.

9de119d1.jpg

Later on I found a dvd player (Sony dvp-7000) It's pretty old for a dvd player (1999) but it was what I was looking for.. it's also in like new condition and I paid 40$ CND for it.
4972c60e.jpg

DSCN0235-1.jpg

DSCN0232-2.jpg

That's that.. I also just rebuilt an old rocking chair to give to my mom for xmas.
November-4-2006-006fhjfjfg.jpg

DSCN023777847684757.jpg

I also love car audio. I'd love to get more into it but I don't have the money to do it right now.
I made some speaker "enclosures" for my front speakers.
72a31227.jpg

b11e6c16.jpg

b43bd51e.jpg

00f23a6d.jpg

c398f8c3.jpg

I have Alpine Spx-177a's in the front with alpine spr-69lp's in the rear. The amp is a 4-channel kicker kx350.4 with a pioneer deh-p550mp head unit.
I definetely need a sub.. I used to have infinity kappa's all around and they filled in way more in the lower frequency than the rear type-r's do.

That's my audio setup so far :D

Haha Yeah I'm expecting someone to question me or something.
The steel was FREE by the way. I don't see how it has to do with acoustic reasons but what do I know (even if it does I bet it's nothing anyone would ever notice). But please, let's not continue with this topic lol

Good word!!!

Reminds me of my shop teacher at school, he could draw perfect isometric scetches by hand - on the ******* blackboard, now thats skill. Sadly he had a bad stroke and is now only a shell of the man he used to be... before he started teaching, he worked on a steam train, as the guy who fed the coal in... he had forearms, thicker than my legs.

I truly admire your concept of furniture construction. I've been looking at tig welders lately. Welding together metal angle substructures, drawers and hinged sections included, with beautiful materials attached to the exterior. Obviously not practical for the bix box stores because of weight and material costs, but for the diy'er with a good welder and a scrap metals vendor nearby it's a very inspired way to go.

I appreciate these comments.
I used my lincoln mig pak 10 (flux core) to do the welding. It goes really well.
Hehe the tv/tv stand is covered in saw dust right now from when I was sanding the rocking chair. Plus the fact that the room is still unpainted.. the drywall stuff seems to get everywhere after a while.
Also, not to confuse anyone with my low knowledge in stereo equipment and having a crappy car, but I'm only 19.
I just like to build things and be creative while doing it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.