Fresh Faces on the moderator team

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pinkmouse I have read a lot

I think you will do a nice job
and hopefully grow along with the responsability
that has been given to you
And you will gain more and more experience of the delicate task.
Consult planet10 and the others - they have developed some skills.

Good Luck! :cop: pinkmouse

This post should not be considered as a bribe
when you judge this difficult case "halojoy".
I have to play by the rules, almost ;)
like even Jason himself had the curtesy of doing.

If a post by me is :Pirate: refused and removed :Pirate:,
I would probably already be busy
writing on my next, hopefully more okay post.

/ :superman: halojoy :superman:
- already somewhere else than here

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Halo, Dhaen, thanks!

Everyone else,

Hopefully this new role will not go to my head, I have decided, after consultation with the other mods, to put my plans for a giant underground base and orbital death ray on hold for the time being!;)

But seriously, I am fully behind the new ethos of moderating as espoused by Dave in his thread here, and I think these guidelines are sensible and well thought out, both for members and mods.

I believe the board has turned a corner in the last few months, thanks to the existing mods and you lot out there, and hopefully I, and the rest of the Moderating team will have less to do, as you are all so well behaved :grouphug:

Dhaen, Zardoz is one of those strange DIY video projector types, but apart from that, he seems OK ;) :D

Merry Christmas and season's greetings to you all:xmasman:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Al, Zardoz,:cop:

Good luck to both of you.:up: It's true that the forum has been peaceful the past month or two. It's that time of the year.:xmastree:

Maybe you're right Al, we might have turned the corner.

Rodd Yamashita
PS: Here's a gratuitous image for zardoz;)

Attachments

• zardoz-dvd-image-01.jpg
    zardoz-dvd-image-01.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 203
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Whinging Pommy - Australian term of "affection" for Brits...

Pommey - from the French nickname for British troops during WWI, not sure of the derivation, bound to be rude though, knowing the French opinion of Brits!

Whinging- derived from Whine, like what a small kid will do when told he can't have a new toy.

The Australians seem to think we complain a lot, maybe it's just retribution for not letting them have The Ashes (of English Cricket, a trophy for the series of games between us and them, that they always win!)

;)

pinkmouse said:
Whinging Pommy - Australian term of "affection" for Brits...

Pommey - from the French nickname for British troops during WWI, not sure of the derivation, bound to be rude though, knowing the French opinion of Brits!

Whinging- derived from Whine, like what a small kid will do when told he can't have a new toy.

The Australians seem to think we complain a lot, maybe it's just retribution for not letting them have The Ashes (of English Cricket, a trophy for the series of games between us and them, that they always win!)

;)
Ahem.

<i>Pom derives from the fact the English convicts bore on their backs the letters P.O.H.M - Prisoners of His Majesty. </i>
A more recent variation is P.O.M.E. Prisoner Of Mother England.

<i>A drive-in Lion park half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast had the following sign up till it closed in the early 80s:

Adults: $10
Children: $5
Pommies on bicycles admitted free.</i>

<a href="http://www.australianbeers.com/culture/poms.htm">cultcha</a>

pinkmouse said:
Brett, I stand corrected!:), but that's the derivation in my book of slang...
Must've been an English book
But then, I think of myself as a Yorkshireman first, and an European second, I show no allegiance to a false Monarch...;)
Apart from my recently departed Nana, who was originally a Yorkshire lass, all my anscestors are Scots or Irish. I reckon if we had some Welsh in us, then we'd be completely unintelligible.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Christoph, thanks, I reckon I wound them up so much whilst I was on the outside, they wanted me as mod to get their own back!;)

Brett
all my ancestors are Scots or Irish. I reckon if we had some Welsh in us, then we'd be completely unintelligible
Only if they come from Glasgow or Belfast, mate:)

I'm off for a family get together now for a couple of days, so behave yourselves, OK? George Dubbya couldn't afford my orbital laser cannon,( he said he's spending lots of money on boats and planes for some reason??), so it's still ready for any bad behavior!!:)

Merry Christmas all and happy holidays:santa2:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.