Greetings from Quebec City!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone! I see that's the place to introduce myself, so let's go...

First of all, please apologize my english and all the mistakes I could do in all my posts... I speak and write in French all the way (and all the day!) but I think I'm not too bad in English! :)

My name is Christian and I'm living in Quebec City (Canada). I'm a new member on this forum (I registered a few weeks ago but I read a lot of threads) and I'm a newbie in the DIY world.

I'm a technician in data processing and I'm working especially with DB2 on a z/OS system on a mainframe environment (programming with SQL and SAS) so, no needs to tell you that I have no professionnal experience neither in electronic nor in audio! :bawling:

The only thing I build (related to audio world) it's a pair of rear speakers for my home theater system (in 2004) but I didn't take the time to tune them (they sound good for me so it is not a necessity). It was a very funny "on-the-job learning" project!!! :D

All the things I know, I learned them on the net (reading a lot, downloading software like WinISD and Subwoofer Simulator, using Excel spead sheets to help me, etc.) and in the only book I have on the subject ("High Performance Loudspeakers" by Martin Colloms - 5th edition), borrowed from a friend two years ago! :eek: This book is not easy to read and it's very technical (definitely, I prefer all the stuff on the web!!! ;) )... Maybe I'll buy another book more easy to read and to understand for my new project (I plan to build two subs for my home theater system but I will post later on that)!

I think it's all for now! And I think I will have a lot of questions to ask you and a lot of things to learn from you! :D

BTW, it's my first post (and thread) for life!!! :D Have a beer! :drunk:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.