Greetings from Holmdel, NJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys, I've been an audio nut since I was in my teens. I'm an Electrical Engineer in telecommunications and started at Bell Labs in the early Seventies. I currently work on fiber optic transmission systems. Over the years I've been deeply involved in audio as a hobby and have published a few articles and papers in Audio magazine and the AES Journal. Much of my focus in audio has been on power amplifier design and distortion measurement. In the last several years I've gotten heavily involved in DIY loudspeaker design. One of the speakers I did was an active 3.5-way design with four 125-watt MOSFET power amplifiers built into each cabinet. That was a real challenge, but was particularly interesting because it involved so many different disciplines in one project. I also enjoy woodworking, so that fits right in with speakers. I'm a music lover with broad musical taste, and especially enjoy listening to well-recorded music. My wife and I enjoy travel, and especially like cruising. I really look forward to being a part of this community, learning and exchanging ideas.

All the best,
Bob

Holmdel, NJ., is the famous birthplace of Radio Astronomy and the workplace of Bell engineer Karl Jansky who in trying to track down a source of interference to radio telephony circuits discovered the weak radio emission from our galaxy. It sounds like you work for the same outfit. Welcome aboard!

Hi Bob and welcome!
So you are also from the state of New Jersey, for that welcome again!

Quite some background, I think I can learn one thing or two from you!

Get involved, it's time for real knowledgeable people here, specially
in the power amplifier dept.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.