Greetings from SW Georgia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I actually found this forum looking up a few RS brand speakers on Google. I've been playing around with speakers ever since i was in an electronics class in high school ( about 9 years ago). I've done a few simple speaker boxes most using Full Range drivers for economic reasons and have found how much more natural single speaker setups sound. I've then moved on to doing custom Home Stereo and Computer speakers to help pay tuition, car insurence, etc.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and i found my stash of leftover speakers i never used in a project. My Speakers range from brand new RS speakers to speakers i've salvaged from TVs ( the better ones are great for computer applications because TV's also need sheilded speakers)

My favorite speakers were the three 8 inch models RS offered ( the 1271, the 1272 and the big 1043) because they were perfect for upgrading smaller <20 watt bookshelf systems( which normally had boombox-like 4 inchers :xeye: ). The 1043 even made a good medium wattage stereo speaker and a competent car speaker( i had a pair in my truck running just off the built in Amp on my Jensen cd player that people swore i had a set of subs when they heard it, being behind the seat killed the mids and highs)

Another good set of 4 inchers i found were Linear Reasearch duel Cone 4 inchers( which for a while provided the mids and highs in the truck) which are now reviving the sound on my small Philco 222k Bookshelf system. The later use was my project to ; 1. Replace the worn out 4 inchers and improve the over all sound from the fairly good cricket amp the system had and 2. Keep it looking as stock as possible and keeping the systems semi-portability.

I like my projects to be fairly simple, yet high performance speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.