gotta start somewhere----

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just soldered my first little thing today--it isnt much but it works, which is what is important ... i am going to make some active filters for my stereo in my car, using opamps, but i need negative voltage, so i made this circuit to generate about -10/-12V from 12/14V input (car)...

this is the circuit

negvoltgen.gif

and here are a few pics of what i made---

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i tihnk i need to improve my soldering skills a little--or get an iron with a better tip--the one i have is really large, and it was hard work in close areas... anyway, just thought id share---in the near future im going to try to make an amp based on the lm3876 ---

-chris

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Chris,

Since this post is in the “Introductions” forum, I’m assuming it to be your belated introduction. In that case welcome to the forum.:wave2:

There have been a couple of good threads on soldering and soldering irons recently you might want to try and search for.

Have Fun,:D
Rodd Yamashita

hehe yeah ive worked with mdf for a while now--ive built tons of subwoofer enclosures for cars... i plan on doing my home speaker set in time---not sure what kind of wood to use, bc i want it to look nice--.. mdf is great for cars bc everything just gets carpeted...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.