tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone.
I'm new here and a DIY type guy. I like drag racing and electric guitars and amps.
I have a Wurlitzer #6144 tube amp and would like to make it useable for an electric guitar. Any input from the members sure would be great.
Thanks to all.
Sincerely,
"Paul"

Attachments

• top view2.jpg
    top view2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 130
Hi Paul, suppose you should be a rocker !
I'm a new here in diyaudio too but a veteran in wurlitzer 6144. Originally, the amplifier was used in an antique organ to push a jensen 12" field coil speaker(F12N). Hence, You need to have an operation on "SWELL" female socket, also need to plus/put in a wire inside the circuit. Beside, 3 of the tubes(6sl7, 6sn7 & 6sq7) close to the edge of chassis are not necessary and you can remove them from the amp.

I don't know how to attache the picture along with my message from diyaudio. So you can teach me or contact me to my personal email address at relion@msn.com. On receiving your inquiry, I can then follow up the detail photo for your reference.

All the best

James from Taiwan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.