Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2006, 03:10 PM   #1
adhoc is offline adhoc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Someone new to digital DIY here!

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the members of this forum. Hello!

Um, so I guess I'll start with a bit of background information:

The name's Aaron, and I'm currently a full-time university student studying medicine.

While I have some experience with tube DIY, I am completely new to digital DIY; coincidentally, this is a new area which I am interested in and an area which I foresee myself spending a lot of time with in the future.

Anyone here have any recommendations for basic reading for newbies to digital DIY?

I'm especially interested in reading material that contains information about DAC construction and design. All this talk of reclocking, jitter and whatnot goes right over my head. I still have no idea what a complete standalone DAC consists of.
Old 8th August 2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to the forums Aaron.
Old 9th August 2006, 06:40 AM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Someone new to digital DIY here!

Welcome to the forum ...

Quote:
Originally posted by adhoc
I'm especially interested in reading material that contains information about DAC construction and design. All this talk of reclocking, jitter and whatnot goes right over my head. I still have no idea what a complete standalone DAC consists of.
There is a whole lot of info buried in the threads in the digital forum... just start wading thru.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!