'nother texan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guys- i got here from AudioKarma. forgot how, but here i am. a lifelong resident of oak cliff, texas, home of the texas theater, lee harvey's rooming house, jack ruby's brother's ice cream parlor, stevie ray and jimmy vaughn, blind lemon jefferson, ray wylie hubbard, and too much else that's good and real to even mention in one post. the nearest community of note to oak cliff is dallas. (that's a cliffie joke-- being that most dallasites think of oak cliff as 'a part of dallas')

for a living, i shrink heads i.e. you talk, i listen. what do you want to change in your life, how can i help?

i also write fiction and act in independant film

i caught the vintage virus a few years ago, and have from the beginning wanted to diy, but, being a liberal arts major in every sense of the term, i lack the technical expertise. so i plug along on sites like this, trying to learn a little something and getting guidance where i can.

i am way into analogue, own about 1500 lp's, 50-60 tapes, CD's all over the ******* place. a favorite activity is mixing up analogue tracks on my marantz cd burner. i have no known taste in music, except for this: the more obscure, dated, outre, bizarre, modern, current, not heard on the radio, the more interested i am.

artists i like, in no order: les baxter, martin denny, the only ones, the doors, erik satie, joy division, blue cheer, arthur lyman, the chantays, marty robbins, brian eno (big time), etc .

OK, nuff about me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.