New member with CNC Router

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am in the Vancouver BC area (abbotsford). Up until now most of my projects have been car audio based but I want to make a set of "visually stunning", as well as sonically stunning speakers. I would like to do something in a transmission line style with the outsides in acryilc. If there is anyone around who would also like to be involved in this type of project or has cad drawings they would share please let me know.

I am not looking to design something myself but rather make something that has been engineered by someone who knows what they are doing (not me!) I can import .dxf, .dwg, .ai etc for file formats.

My router table can accept full 4' x 8' sheet goods. i am also open to doing custom cutting for others if there is interest.

:cop: Phone number and email removed by moderator

Something like the attached pic is what I am after

Attachments

• modifed_layered_mauhorn.jpg
    modifed_layered_mauhorn.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 198
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Pierre, and welcome to diyAudio. :)

A CNC router, I'm so jealous! :) You might like to take a look at the full range forum for some interesting projects for that style of speaker.

Oh, and I've removed your phone number and listed email so you don't get spammed, but people can still contact you through the email button.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Pierre...

Welcome to the forum.

My wife's family is from Abbotsford so we have been visiting fairly often. There is another fellow in Abbotsford interested in the same type of thing... with CNC capability -- you probably know him (althou i wouldn't know if he is a workmate or a fierce competitor or somewhere in between -- Rudy Dick). He just got some modded FE126 off me and plans to do a layertone style cabinet (the pic you posted is one of layertone's boxes). Layertone is working on a version of the Frugel-Horn and he will be making the CNC files available (in keeping with the open source nature of this project).

Don't know if it is too short a notice, but you might want to come over to the Island for the 3rd Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST (aug 5) ... with a wide range of diyers almost everyone leaves with excess information leaking out of their heads :)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.