G'day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hiya all,

Newbie from oz here. I'm a mechanical engineer, but have a bit of an interest in electronics. Love music, so what better way to combine the 2 than DIY audio?

Haven't decided how/what/when etc I want to learn about, or build, but hopefully I'll learn, and get some ideas on here.

Thanks.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
And g'day to you! Welcome to the forum. If you're a mechanical engineer and have access to a workshop then a valve amplifier is the obvious choice for a construction project. The electronics can be very simple and valves are very forgiving (unlike their silicon counterparts which keel over at the slightest provocation). See you around.

thanks for the welcome guys......

I don't have full-time access to a workshop, although when's that stopped anyone? :)

where would be the best thread/outside link to look for valve amp stuff? ... or at least a good one.

And yes, I had certainly considered big speakers :D ... same deal, any good links?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.