New guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys
My name is Paul. It seems that i recently caught the bug. For the last two weeks I have been inhaling DIY speaker info like there is no tomorrow. My Brother recently completed his first three way project and they sound great. I decided I wanted to do the same.
My cabinets are almost completed and I am now deciding on the drivers, i know i know this is backwards. Th reason is that before i had a clue i decided on some drivers that I now don't think I will use.
I do have one question. I have recently seen a large influx of Klipsh equipment on ebay. Some of the stuff goes so cheap that it appears it would be cheaper to buy the whole speaker from Ebay and rape it for the drivers, horns and cross overs than it would be to buy the components individuallyf. Does this make sense to do?Find a similar sie cabinet and just transfer the stuff into my oh so purdy cabinets that I am building...? Is this dumb, am I missing something? I really like the sound of Klipsh so doing this seems to make sense..no?

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.