Introduction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Another new DIY Audio member, happy to be here. I live in Cape Town and my audio things are Garrard 301/401/Micro Seiki BL51 and amps are Leak Stereo 20 and Arcam. Phono pre's are Nagatron HA-9000, Lentek and a Supex SDT 1000. My special interest is moving coil carts and I play music with a couple of Supex carts, a few Denon 110's, a Spectral, Dynavector and a few funnies like Grace F9 and a Glanz moving iron. Oh, also a couple of homebrew mc's.

Cheers from chilly and rainy Cape Town

Bulgin

Introductions

Hi Chris

Thanks!! Yeah, the amp...I have been thinking along those lines...

Much to my own amazement, I unpacked a cupboard a few days ago and found a solidstate project I must have started 20 years ago. Most of the bits are still there but for some reason I found some of the wiring inside has been cut and neatly labelled. Now, if only I can find the circuit and the reason for pirating bits from it...

Cheers

bulgin

Introductions

Hello anatech, peranders, shaun & cal weldon

Through my own stupid oversight in not setting the auto login properly, I was unable to thank you all for a warm welcome at Diyaudio, although I tried a couple of times quite awhile ago! Every time I tried, I found myself logged out on submitting.

Here in Cape Town, the rain and cold have disappeared the last week or so and warm (up to 30C) weather and cloudless skies was much enjoyed.

Since I last posted here, I bought another relic from the past - a Quad 405 amp - cheeeep, like UKP45.-. I haven't tried it yet and hear the sighs. I do know their reputation and don't expect too much as I already own 2 sets 33/303's, refurbished but unused.

Some time soon, I'll do some work on the socketry and fire her up to see what else gives.

Regards

bulgin

Introductions

Hello anatech/chris

I report back on the Quad 405 that I am very happy and pleasantly surprised with my purchase. You may have seen my posts re this in SOLID STATE and this little amp is not going anywhere anytime soon.

BTW Here in Cape Town we have fine cloudless weather for the weekend but very cold at night.

I think in your neck of the woods, its probably weather for outdoors activities - so I hear from a friend there.

Cheers

bulgin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.