hi everybody

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm carlos. it's great to be here, soaking up info to help feed a new hobby/addiction of mine... :)

i'm new to diy audio, i'm wondering if anybody can make a couple of suggestions on books i (the absolute begginer) should read to help gain a deeper understanding on the science behind modding electronics.

i want to start by messing w/my dj mixer. if i could handle it, i would like to progress into modding/building amps, and designing my own dj mixer, and small/mid sized studio mixer.

thx,
carlos

Hi Cal, can you suggest a good book for building loudspeakers? :)

i've noticed over the past couple of years, i have been getting more and more interested, and serious about audio diy. i finally got around to fabbing my own cables. now i'm hungry for more!

i'm insterested in gaining the knowledge to be able to design and fabricate my on speakers/equipment to put together set ups for specialized applications. like now, we currently have a soundsystem that we use for our out/door desert parties and the occasional club. actually i'm very happy w/it. but after looking back on the costs of putting the system together, i've come to the conclusion that i can design/fab something better (soundwise, and more durable) for about the same amount, or a little more... who knows, maybe a little less... i just need to learn how to do it so i can provide the absolute optimal listen experience (something w/personality, and unforgetable) for our crowd w/in the context of where we throw our party.

obviously, i've outgrown just being able to play what ever music i want as the dj... now i want to control how it sounds... deep lush, and warm... or cold, critical w/absolute presicion... to be able to taylor something to what ever whim strikes me at the time. ;)

I started with Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker design cookbook. I read it and referred to it until the spine fell apart. I also read David Weems as a beginner.

There is a wide variety out there. If something specific on the forum inspires you, there will probably be plenty of testamonials on the net to follow up with.

You may also consider subscribing to AudioXpress. They now do speakers and amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.