Hello All

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Chaps,

My name is Robert and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I have been working in multimedia (primarily low-budget filming and video editing) for a while now so I am familiar with computers (particularly Macs). My audio knowledge is limited to basic recording and playback. Recently, one of my clients set up a decent multitrack audio studio so I am doing my best to learn all I can about audio editing, monitoring etc. Additionally, I have embarked on a project to build myself a new computer desk and rid myself of messy wiring forever! Obviously, the desk will need to have decent sound so I have been learning about DIY audio and am busy designing speakers to incorporate into the desk. That's why I am here :)

On a more personal note, when I am in Cape Town I spend 12 hours a day in front of my computer so my only real hobby is travel. I have been to 12 of the countries in sub-saharan Africa and (as soon as I have the time and the cash) I intend to spend even more time on the road. I am also a part time Zoology student and I am particularly interested in the nature and wildlife of Africa.

While browsing this forum I was very impressed by the time you all take to help those of us who are less knowledgeable and the tolerance shown for even the most basic questions.

Glad to be here,
Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.