allow myself to introduce... myself

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've posted a few times already, but just found this part of the forums.

I think since I was about 8 or 9 I've been fooling around with audio...

My first career was in music, and I studied the viola up through a degeree in performance. Currently I play viola and violin in the Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra (www.nmapo.org) and in the Giovanni String Quartet (www.giovanniquartet.com). In the late 1980s, however, I became more and more interested in audio engineering - recording and mixing records, and mixing touring sound.

My second career thus began when I went back to school for recording, and came out pretty well versed in basic electronic theory, power supply design, etc. And with lots of experience in muli-track recording and mixing. So then I joined the US Air Force to get some live sound chops. I went on tour with their jazz band "the Airmen of Note" out of DC for four years. Great gig, lots of work, and definitely a case of learning what is "real" rather than just what is in the books.

Then I embarked on my third career: product management and marketing. I went to work for Neumann as their US product manager in '96, then went on to handle marketing communications overall for Sennheiser's US arm. Now I work for Lectrosonics in New Mexico in business development.

Along the way I've owned dozens of different stereo systems, usually with some element of DIY. From beefed up power supplies, modified crossovers, different output drivers, etc. However, I must say that probably the best stereo I ever had was mostly stock but for some turntable mods. My current system includes speakers I built myself... not sure I want to tackle that again...

-Karl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.