Hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Mike,

You are certainly welcome to participate on our forum.:nod: There are a number of professionals already doing so. However, you must understand there are strict rules against spamming. I am surprised a moderator has not intervened already, or maybe they have.

Please continue your involvement. You, as a professional will have much that you can offer, and I think you may be surprised at what you can get back without advertising in your posts.

Please contact (via email) one of the Moderators to get an idea of the guidelines on spamming. Planet10 has a business, so he may be more attuned to you specific situation.

Again, Welcome,:)
Rodd Yamashita

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Mike, and welcome to DIY audio.

It's always nice to have a pro onboard, don't worry too much about spamming, as long as you post reasonably you are more than welcome to share:)

Most of the guys who also run businesses on here get away with occasional bits of product placement, as long as they give a majority of good advice and informative or funny postings.

Hi, Mike

Glad to have you with us.

I think Dave said it pretty good.

It's pretty hard for a professional to male valuable contributions without mentioning their own products now and then.

A number of pro's are good members and it hasn't been a problem with them so you should be fine also.

I think Roddyama was correct in warning you before anything became a problem -

At the same time, it does take a while to get the feel of things.

A very warm welcome to you -

Ken

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Hi, Mike

Welcome Mike :)

Good to see another BASSlist member join (and a talented one).

:cop: Us moderators usually don't have to worry much about spam -- at any hint the spammer usually gets swarmed by members... your intro was low enuff key that only Rod jumped.

This thread where Danny from GR Research intros himself covers the basics of what and what not.

dave

(moderator hat on -- traffic cop mode :D )

Thanks for the link to that thread. I must say that it can be difficult to know how one will be received when going to a new place. There have certainly been places where I felt welcome (even though I make my living in this business), and I've been places where it was clear that I was the enemy (because I make my living in this business). :xeye:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I'll try to be an asset as time permits.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Mike,

It's a pleasure to see you on here. FWIW my home system is a pair of your Eire's, and my backup is a pair of SE1Ps :) And I think they sound great! :)

I used to frequent the bass list a bit then got drowned in the emails and set up this place in the process. Haven't been there in a long time.

Anyway, welcome aboard. I hope you stay a while.

I would give a run down of the great work you did for the bass list but I don't think I could do you justice. Where did that end up?

I am sure you will get a feel for the place - everyone is very genuine here and we try to keep the signal to noise ratio as high as possible. The lads have sensitive nose when it comes to smelling something fishy.

Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.