Hi from Sydney OZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First thing DIY to do

Complete these kits of

2 x 125W into 8ohms AB bipolar output amps.
build Power supply for both..

Ultimately these amps will be part of an ACTIVE speaker system, and be used for the woofs or mids depending on what speaker kits are out there.

Next step find a great set of fronts and centre kit speakers, then make them active. Digital XO's, and analog XO's for rears. But that is yet to be decided upon. looking to use Room correction software eg: AUDYSSEY..etc..

Anyway, what's your setup if you dont mind telling me Cal ?

Any ideas on active speakers or links ?

Cheers..:)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi firehorse,

I am into speakers. I have many sets I have built and still have a few of them around. Currently I run a four way bi-amped system for my quiet music and a 15" coax for my loud music. I have a 4 way biamped system in the bedroom. I am currently making an MTM for the office and have another 4 way biamped system on the drawing board.

When I say biamped 4 way, I mean the woofer is built into the cabinet along with a plate amp on the rear and a three way on the front, run from the regular amp.

I also have outdoor gear using Altec cabinets with new drivers.

All my amps are commercial, I don't build them.

I used to see an amp over at PE that was for active speakers but last time I looked, it was gone so not sure how to steer you in the right direction. If these aren't to be transported why did you choose to go active?

Anyway, good luck with your projects and keep us informed by way of posts and pics.

Here's a thread on my latest, the MTM for the office

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=879046#post879046

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.