New kid on the block

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I'm from New York but currently living in the Dominican Republic.

Currently work as a concert sound engin-ear . lol
also an electronics and electrical engineer down here.

Pleased to meet you all,
John

Attachments

• 17jr.jpg
    17jr.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 48
Jrisk:

I'm fairly recent myself, but WELCOME nevertheless!! :D

I have a close uncle in sound reinforcement; Scorpio Sound, Boston-Providence Area. Personally I'm much smaller scale in Audio-coustix, but I have a lot of respect for you guys who can deal with all the attitudes and opinions of all involved (particularly musician-clients) and still please the maximum number of people at once. I play some drums and bass and have not always seen eye-to-eye with console operators when in "musician-mode" :mafioso: . With the sociology involved it's as much art as science (maybe moreso!) for you guys that's for sure. Do you do house, monitors or both?

IMO, live sound enginears are the only profession that should be allowed to touch compressor/limiters (outside of guitar-tone effects) (Not record producers - so many albums are unfortunately ruined for long-term listening these days by having about 3 dB of dynamic range) :rolleyes: .

Good to see you here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.