Hello from Texas...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been occasionally dropping in for some time now. The participation here has grown to a level that can not be ignored. I figured I might as well register.

I am often interested to see what is talked about here and I am glad to see our products mentioned here in threads on occasion too.

I don't know how industry members are viewed here.

Some forums allow minimal and restricted participation from professionals. I did not see any guidelines to that regard. Since I do not know the specifics here I will limit what I say about myself. Many of you already know me. For those who do not, more information about who I am and what I do can be found on our web site.

I have little time for posting, but may on occasion participate if I am welcome.

Thanks,

Danny

I took a look at your website.
Dodd Tube-amps and some nice Loudspeakers.
I am sure you can contribute in both Tube and Loudspeaker Forums,
as well as other ones.

When we get bored with hearing "the same old dudes" saying "the same old thing" again, we can enjoy some new views from new members, here at our DiyAudio.com

So you being here, can be good for webstatistics,
both at your place and here. ;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome Danny :)

I don't know how industry members are viewed here.

Pros are encoraged to participate -- they usually have a lot to bring to the discussion. The only thing you have to watch out for is blantant promotion of your product. This is likely to bring hoards of members swarming down on you with cries of SPAM, SPAM, SPAM...

Don't be afraid to use your products as examples to make a point. You are free to put your URL in your signature and members are always encoraged to follow the link in your www button to find out more about you.

You may well get asked questions about your product and there sould be no problems with honest answers.

I have never heard any of your speakers, but the buzz on them is very positive, so i look forward to reading your posts.

dave

Danny,
welcome! :)
Professionals are always welcome.

planet10 has done the official talk, nothing to add.
Ahh, one thing, but that is in favour to you as professional. Should you happen to volunteer design details of one of your designs (not required, just gracefully accepted :) ), they still remain your intellectual property as far as commercial use is concerned (diyAudio's official POV). Any member making commercial use of it then and trapped with it is tarred and feathered and chased thru the streets.

No idea how many professionals are on board already. I know of Nelson Pass, Hugh Dean (AKSA), Jonathan Carr (jcarr), Allen Wright, Gabe Velez (Gabevee), Guido Tent, Brian Cherry (bcherry), Peter Clark (reverendclark, from Redpoint Audio), morsel (dunno her name). And i am hoping i can add my name to this list soon. :)

This morning i felt compelled to post an answer to halojoy's QQ concerning your Levitator. Maybe i am breaking doors already open with my comments (see Electronics & Parts board), maybe there is some useful input for you too. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I think it a good idea to not tie the hands of industry professionals too much. It could really limit participation.

Most people are sharp enough to know when they are getting a sales pitch and when sincere information is being given or questions are being answered.

Allowing questions about products to be answered and allowing the use of previous work or available product to be used as examples is a good idea as well.

This site should see good growth in the future.

I will try to drop in at least once daily as time permits.

I often have customers or others that are interested drop me e-mails to alert me when discussion regarding our products are taking place in a way that my participation is requested. This is always appreciated.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Danny Richie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.