New to the forums..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all.
My name is Nikolaj and im on diyaudio because im building a bassamp.
Im gong for the full setup. First project will be the albert kreuzer preamp. Next project will be some kind of poweramp and then offcourse some noisemakers in the end.
On the poweramp im thinking of using 2 (or should i go for 4?) LM3886 in parallel congif. Perhaps going for a gainclone to start with. Im not sure. +I'd like to make it expandable so I can add another powercircuit or 2 if necesary.
For the speaker I thought of 2 10" to begin with. And then as before maybe expand if necesary.
So once again hello everybody.
If anyone have ideas or comments to my project your more than welcome.

Bass amp

I've played around with the bass a little bit; had a Gibson EB-3 that I traded a bunch of audio gear to have refurbished, ebony fingerboard, whatever frets were hot at the time (80"-82"), shallers , new pots, full refinishing-and the guy suckered me into "upgrading" the pickups. Wonder how much he got for those originals from the Sixties? hehehe Anyway, 10" give a nice punchy sound and that Ampeg SVT with a bunch of them was real popular, but personally I'd like some deeper bottom too. Have you thought about having two poweramp modules, and running a 15" or even an 18" on one in addition to a 10"? Changing the balance between the two would give you a variety of voices for different moods/music. Or maybe if you did have a big one on the bottom, go with an 8" on top? If the idea is at all interesting to you, I'm sure you could get an idea by hooking up a couple of bottoms to a head or two at some music store if your friends don't have the equipment and curiosity. No crossover, just a way to balance the output between the two. Then if you liked it, the question would be whether to divide the cab to give separate chambers for the two drivers-probably, but if not, when you set it so everything was going through the smaller driver, the larger would act as a passive radiator which might add some fullness on it's own. If you don't play large rooms you might want to even try Sir Nelson's slot loaded design, which could still utilize different size drivers....
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0911/slot_loaded_open_baffle_speaker.htm:drool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.