late intro - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2006, 06:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Talking late intro

Hi All

I am an avid HT and music fan. I have a basic 7.2 channel HT setup i also use for music with store bought speakers and 2 8" subs. (i at least have kef codas for my fronts and Denon 2803 reciever for wahts its worth)

So being new to DIY i consulted this forum for some great advise and should have introduced my self earlier then this!

Im in the middle of my sub build up already and hope to in the future pic the brains of the colective (ha borg) for ideas on HT dipole/bipoles for my rear speakers!
The amp building is way beyond me at this point i may have to invest in some heavy reading to even understand some of these threads but hey nothing worth doing is ever easy!

nice to have such a knowledge resource for those of us who cant afford to spend the long dollar or dont want to !

thanks
Swoop
Old 9th February 2006, 06:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Swoop, and welcome, (belatedly) to diyAudio.

Don't worry about the introduction, I don't think I ever actually wrote one either!

Reading up is good, but don't forget to fire up the tablesaw every now and again to practise building stuff as well.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 9th February 2006, 06:48 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Acctually mouse i did monday with my father, Hes a old school wood worker and now that im 35 and have 4 kids of my own i really want to enjoy some time with him also.
So DIY for me is really two fold i get build better stuff then i can afford and i get to spend time with my father. (he also has a really nice work shop)

We had a grand time cutting up the box for my new sub he also dosnt rush anything and i have a bad habit of doing that so its a nice balance. So tomorrow its assembly time since my parts came into today!

Hide this!Advertise here!