A newbie keen to learn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've just started out in the hifi world. A few weeks ago I wanted to buy a new sound system for our flat and thought I'd save some cash by looking for 2nd hand. Got a Marantz pm47 Amp, CD63 CD player and some Gale Gold monitor speakers.

Since then I have upgraded the speakers to Tannoy M1s and a PM66SE is on the way to possibly replace the PM47.

At the moment I'm on the look out for cheap improvements on the system.

I'm about to start soldering together some DIY speaker cables (got to learn how to solder first) and will think about interconnects after that.

I'm interested in the mods available for the CD63 and that's my main reason for signing up - the pdf files on the "Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list" post.

If anyone has any tips or advice to offer I am almost always appreciative.

Cheers.

Garnett

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of mods for the CD63. I tried the ones suggested by ALW and they were very effective. However, they require a fair amount of skill with a soldering iron. I suggest that you learn to solder really well before going inside your CD63, otherwise you are likely to turn it into a Can't Do player.

PS Buy a temperature-controlled low voltage iron. It will cost more but it will last longer and you will find that it causes far less damage (saving further money).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.