Hello!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am very happy to be entering the world of DIY audio.

I am a cabinetmaker in real life. Well, I used to be. Now I have a computer, cell phone and frequent flyer number and get to manage that process.

The reason I became interested in cabinetmaking (besides the need to create beautiful, tangible, useful things - on my first day as a shop employee, I said, "I can't believe you guys get paid to do this!") was that I was appalled by the retail offerings and their associated prices. "I can build it better and cheaper," I thought. In the end, it was certainly not cheaper, but boy was it better!

There is a very strong parallel in the audio world. It seems that here is a huge collection of junk out there, made by some very "respectable" companies, that sounds terrible and costs a fortune. It does not seems right.

I hope to learn a ton here, create some outstanding pieces and contribute what I can.

AIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.