Hello from Slovenia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to everybody on this forum !

I live in Slovenia and I'm interested in all kind of electronics. My major interests are audio electronics and computers. Until now i've made a couple of audio amps and preamps (Rod Elliot P3A, TDA7294 based amps, car audio amps with TDA1562Q, JFET preamp, Nelson Pass Bride Of Zen preamp, active crossovers, VU metters, ...) For all this stuff I've made PCB's myself (usualy my design). For designing PCB's I mainly use EAGLE for Windows, Board Editor 4.0 - Freeware and TANGO for dos. I've also made loudspeakers with Westra unit - low cost but quiet good sounding.

Beside electronics I also enjoy repairing old cars (especialy old Citroen A typs like 2CV, Dyane, Ami).

I think is enough information about me for now. If you wish ask me somthing - feel free to do it !

Cheers!

Bostjan

Bostjan Hi!

We share 2 passions - Citroëns and DiY :D

Btw - par tem nazaj smo že obdelali malo slovensko sceno na tem forumu - poglej si še tisto! (for others - just explaining him that similar topic with greetings from Slovenia is allready established)

Problems with TDA1562Q car amplifier

Hello Squalo.
Since you have build few amplifiers with TDA1562Q I think you might help me.
Recently I have build this amplifier and I ran into a problem. it is supposed to give 55 watts RMS/4 Ohms, or 70W musical power on 4 ohms but it wong get as near as it is supposed to.
Compared to my rotel RB-971mk2 which is 80W per channel musical power this one sounds like half of it.
This amplifier is supposed also to be more powerful than Pioneer's
4 x 50 MOSFET, but it is not, check out the schematic for details.
The TDA1562Q has a supply voltage from 12V to 15V I powered it with 12.7V directly from car battery and it didnot give good results.
The IC has a diagnostic facility that whenever it gets near clip it temporary shuts down the output but in my case it happens when it is on 1/2 of the output power, and sometimes on lower volume.
I dont know what is the problem, PLEASE HELP.
Datasheet of TDA1562Q

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.