Hello + question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. My name is Eric and I'm a fulltime engineering student at Virginia Tech. I'm not exactly 4th year EE so I'm quite confused about a lot of discussions here, especially in the amp forums. My question is, is there another forum or so, a bit simpler than this one? I feel stupid asking simple questions here when most of the questions are quite complex, so I was wondering if their was a more basic forum.

Thanks

i wouldnt worry about it...

im a 6th year psychology student, my questions are MUCH more basic than yours. when i started posting here i didnt even know what a transformer was and how it was wired up. you can ask simple questions, just make sure youve searched a little bit before.

if you are looking for basic beginner info, there are a few sites where you can get a running start.

here is a great place to learn some basics (it will take months to read it all):

http://sound.westhost.com/

and another one of my favorite beginner sites:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nuukspot/decdun/

i like decibel dungeon a lot because its the basic stuff that everyone is too afraid to ask, and its laid out with simple diagrams and pictures. good job :)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about not having much knowledge - we all had to start somewhere. Do worry about not having made an effort first. You will find that the knowledgable chaps respond far better to questions along the lines of, "I want to do xxx, and looked up how to do it, but I'm not sure if I understand what yyy means, can you help?" rather than, "I haven't made any effort on my own, now I want someone to tell me how to do everything every step of the way, and I'm going to periodically change my mind about what I want to do."

Thanks for the replys.

I've figured I don't want to mess with my computer speakers. I decided to build 2 home theater(esqe, not super awesome speakers, just above average) speakers, and a sub (plate amp/ sub box deal). I figured they were more worth it, seeing im moving into an apartment in a few months and tv speakers are not "ftw".

Now onto the searches.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.