Hello!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I've just joined the forum. I've recently rekindled my enthusiasm for audio and found that DIY is considerably more satisfying and cheaper than buying off the peg. So far I've done a bit of tweaking, built a couple of monobloc power amps, and I'm now building my first pair of 'proper' speakers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

These photos were taken when I built the amps.

Cases are basic 2U instrument racks from Maplin. I'll eventually get round to building something a bit more aesthetically pleasing. I've since tidied up the internal wiring and added proper soft starts and relay switched speaker outputs to eliminate the switch on thump.

The design is very similar to the old Naim NAP 135, but with newer, faster, lower noise trannies and better components. The heatsinking turned out to be overkill. They don't get any more than lukewarm, even when driven hard.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.