Greetings from Slovenia !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First to introduce my self!
I am originally from Slovenia and I am 45 years old.
Since my 15th year I am deep involved in DIY AUDIO. Most of my projects were lospeakers. I used to build with CIARE, RCF, Perles, Vifa drivers, but in last few years I build on Skaaning drivers. My opinion is that they represent hi-end of dynamic drivers (especialy custom made) , that are available at the moment.
Last project where I was involved was audio monitoring in the one of the best recordings studio in this part of Europe. Main monitors were build based on Skaaning custom made drivers ( woofer and mids), Dynaudio were used for High-mid and Morell for tweet.
I am following forum for few months and now I decided to build new amplifiers for my own use. I am specially interested on Pass labs line.
I will start with ALEPH5 and ALEPH2. Next project will be ALEPHX.
Meanwhile preamplifier I was build using products from company DACT-(linear preamplifier module, input selector switch, audio attenuator).
I hope that my project will attract your interest and you be willing help me with your solutions.
Regards
Joze

Trigon - you're right about the fact that in former Yugoslavija (SFRJ) Slovenia was one of 6 republics - Yugoslavia (Jugoslavija) was a union of Slovenia (Slovenija), Croatia (Hrvaska), Serbia (Srbija), Bosnia&Herzegovina (Bosna in Hercegovina), Monte Negro (Crna Gora) and Macedonia (Makedonija). BUT: the official language for whole SFRJ was "srbo-hrvascina" - a language made mainly out of serbian and croatian language.
Otherwise all republics still had their own language - and there can be quite big differences - let's say Slovenia and Macedonia - first as the most northern one and second as the one on the south - language is very different.

Still - nevertheless - when and what were you doing in Sarajevo??

Btw - Joze - Hi! Nice to find some more slovenian participators here on this forum!

Still - nevertheless - when and what were you doing in Sarajevo??

Well Stabist, nothing except than living for an about 20 years in Sarajevo, (where I have finished my studies Electronic and Information Technology - Lukavica) way before a couple of years in Serbia, born in Monte Negro, having visited most of the former Yugoslavia's cities than moved to Africa (when war has started) where I have spend about 5 years, and finally to Canada last 6 years. Huuh. That's about it. Otherwise I've been all around the world and know couple of other languages and currently waiting to become some frozen fossil which will be (hopefully) discovered sometime in future. As you can see I am very optimistic about everything.;)

:D Trigon

Trigon - Touche ;) :blush:

This sentence of your's misleaded me:

Yes, I have been in a part of that land sometime a while ago.

I understood it as that you visit that part not that you lived ... Ups.

I'm so nostalgic about our former homeland!! What about you?? I still can't understand what happened 10 years ago - so much violence ... I mean - you know what I mean ...
I miss good old times.
A week ago I was on Bregovic's concert - with his Wedding and Funeral Band ... Uaaa - that music still makes blood circulating faster ...

Do you plan to return or visit Sarajevo??

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
SHAME.

Hi guys,

I hate to talk about war,I really do.

Isn't it time we admit to ourselves that whatever happened to former Yugoslavia is just as bad as WW II?

Didn't I talk about history repeating itself not so long ago?

Sometimes I'm deeply ashamed to be European,
Mass murder,
Genocides,
Profits,
War,
Where were we when they needed us?
We turned a blind eye.
Why?

Hope,:)

Where in Canada?

Hi Dave I am in Burlington (near Toronto)

Well Stabist, I'm nostalgic about our former homeland too, but I do not think that the world has understood Who was Yugoslavia or even bigger "They understood too well who we were" ;) I think you understand what I mean by that.

I think fdegrove has absolutely right and that we have to look at the bright side of the life, for example like Nikola Tesla and many others, right? Cheers.
;)

P.S. For you guys who love good music here is the CD that I very often listen to. This is not commercial but just in case.

Sarajevo to Belfast - Smailovic & Sands

:D Trigon

Well Stabist, I'm nostalgic about our former homeland too, but I do not think that the world has understood Who was Yugoslavia or even bigger "They understood too well who we were" I think you understand what I mean by that.

Yep - couldn't agree more.

What about Bregovic and his nowdays work?? Do you now his post-BD music??
I think that with listening (but really listening with all senses) that kind of music people could feel a bit of a soul Jugoslavija had in herself ... And it explains a bit why everything is so complicated ..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.