Hi all...some newbie needs help here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all let me introduce myself first, my name is Ray and im from Jakarta , Indonesia.
Im studying electrical engineering 4th semester right now :) and i have some interest in (car) audio especially amplifier.

and recently, i take a look an "art" from one of this website member. Mr. David Lumanauw. It's a "beautiful" car amplifier (a handmade SS 4 x 200 W Amps) with a beautiful sound too (i hear it through a 3 way visaton's ribbon tweeters and titanium midrange plus scan speak's 4531 midbasses). hahaha as an electrical engineering student im totally jealous :eek: :eek: .

So i decided to make myself an amplifier. but i need some opinion from seniors here...
what type of amps that can make a good start for me?
is it chip amps using LM 3886 (im very interested in carlosfm designs) or should i go with solid state?or is it other type of amps?

im sorry for my bad english and im sorry for my stupid questions.
im waiting for the replies :)

thanks all :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.