Hello - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2006, 10:31 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hello

I'm a newbie from Indianapolis looking for help on my first set of speakers.

I've read up a little, but I'm sure I will have some stupid anoying questions comming soon. I'll use the search first. Really, I will.
Old 14th January 2006, 10:45 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Hi gvr4ever and welcome to diyAudio.

I look forward to reading your first posts.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 14th January 2006, 11:08 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Are you a Colts fan?
Old 14th January 2006, 11:15 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

There is no such team as the Colts anymore, not since a cold night with moving vans in Baltimore. Just the Evil Irsays who have the astoundingly bad taste to put horseshoes on their helmets to commemorate their Nakba.
Old 14th January 2006, 11:43 PM   #5
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

When Baltimore had a team in the CFL, they weren't even allowed to use the name and ended up as the Stallions.

I guess the hurt never ends.
Old 14th January 2006, 11:53 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'm not the biggest sports fan, so I don't get all crazy about it. It is nice to see them winning for once. The last game I went to many years ago, they had the worst season and of corse lost the night I saw them play. No wonder the tickets were free

Anyway, I can't wait to learn more about building speakers. I have always loved hearing a good system, but from looking at some of the projects done around here, I probably havn't really heard anything really good before.

I have a SACD player now so I MUST have better speakers. I can't wait to have great speakers for a fraction of the cost of brand name speakers and my current speakers are driving me nuts. At first I didn't really care cause I only played back CDs and they were not my main speakers, but right now my HT in storage and my Polks are just not doing it for me. I first got them to listen to while running on a tred mill, so they worked just fine for that since you can't hear too much quality loss over the motor of a tred mill and running. After getting a free Onkyo amp, I am interested in just stereo playback for when we move in our new house cause I want a HT room closed off to the rest of the house. Also, all I have right now is stero playback through some cheap polks. I'll give them to my folks when I build a real set

Hide this!Advertise here!