Hi all! I'm Anders from Sweden!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmm the subject feels like something from an AA-meeting:)

Anyhow I'm into all sorts of diy, not only audio. But mostly audio. And then mostly loudspeakers. But I shouldn't call all I do diy because I have a small sparetime company with a friend and some stuff are made more proffesionally.

Besides my hobbies I don't work. I'm retired because of healthproblems.

What more? Yes I'm webmaster at AudioTechnical Society in Sweden (LTS). We are around 800 members.

That's all. I'll hope I can lear someting here and perhaps share some of my experiences.

/anders

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Hmm the subject feels like something from an AA-meeting

A positively prophetic statement if ever there was one. I think it is actually Audiophiles Anonymus. Welcome, even though the Swedes seem to be taking over. Is PerAnders running a membership drive over there? You will feel at home here as PerAnders is giving us Svensk lessons. I hope there no confusion between you and Peranders. Since he was here first we can call you two pre-Anders and post-Anders I suppose..........

Fred (post-Harry),

P.S. You will love it here, even if not everyone is quite as friendly as I am.:spin:

Re: Hmm the subject feels like something from an AA-meeting

Hey post-Harry,

Fred Dieckmann said:
Since he was here first we can call you two pre-Anders and post-Anders I suppose..........

Fred (post-Harry),

Still boasting with your Latin ? :D
Why don't you call yourself "Phoenix"? Would also suit well.

;) :smash:

cheers,

bob

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Hmm the subject feels like something from an AA-meeting

bob4 said:
why don't you call yourself "Phoenix"?

please no. Linkwitz is already using it, and i use it as a verb/adverb/noun for tube amps from old consoles, organs & stuff that are resurrected into new amps.

BTW. Welcome Anders... the strength of this forum is its people (even Fred, it is nice to have his colour back, even when he is still occasionally off key [long story])

dave

Welcome Anders

I'm sem-retired.

At dinner with friends one night a year or two ago, I described how in a couple of years I would semi-retire and work a little now and then, describing what my work life would be like, etc.

My wife waited till I finished speaking and asked "do you mind telling us how that is any different from your current schedule?"

Everyone at the table burst into laughter.

So I went into semi-retirement that night.:D

Glad to have you with us.

Ken L

Howdy from Texas

Say, did you ever hear the one about the guy that showed up at the AA meeting looking for tips as to the best ways to get good and drunk. That’s me. I got it bad and I’ve barely finished my first After Burner.

After Burner
two parts each lemon juice, scotch, tabasco
one part each rye and tequila

I can’t wait to hookem’ up to the 1875 Gain Clone I ain’t finished yet neither.

Happy trails :wave:

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Happy trails to you too

I am afraid I lost my Equilibrium on this one and am laughing my butt off on the floor over this one. The only bar tending, Robert Anton Wilson reading, audio geek I can think of; was living near the east coast last I heard. Maybe he will Email me.

And I had even missed this one.... I looked at this and even I thought was me! Am I a victim of a conspiracy by the Illuminatus?
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=70280#post70280 What are Birdie Numm Numms by the way?

George Dorn
Confrontation Magazine

Re: "You knew it was a joke, didn't you?"

Fred Dieckmann said:
THANKS!!!!!!!! You finally helped me to decide what to have carved on my tombstone.........:RIP:

Thanks bob4(apples):Pumpkin:*

Later (than you think),
Hagbard Celine

*gratuitous halloween humor, it won't happen again I swear:Pinoc:
http://tvitimes.tvi.cc.nm.us/atplay/001101a.htm

lol, I love those emoticons!
I didn't understand the apple thing, though..............

How many times have you read the Illuminatus?

bob

PS: Sorry Anders, I'm posting off-topic, I know............

/anders,

welcome :).. and have a nice time here.

Fred,
good idea you warned /anders of possible name confusion. I faintly remember you had barbed wire on you teeth concerning peranders and, looked with at it with distance now, not even unjustified.

bob4,
don't talk Fred into using other names or you will get a serious row with me! :grumpy:...:)

All,
happy Halloween :Pumpkin: (can anyone tell me what is halloweeen and when does it take place?? :confused:..:))

dice45 said:

bob4,
don't talk Fred into using other names or you will get a serious row with me! :grumpy:...:)

OK Ok, please, don't SinBin me!!! :D :D

dice45 said:
All, happy Halloween :Pumpkin: (can anyone tell me what is halloweeen and when does it take place?? :confused:..:))

It's Oct. 31th, IIRC, don't remember anything else about it......

cheers,

bob

PS: dice, have a look at my last post in the "electronic music" thread

Halloween is a clever marketing scheme invented in order to have another major spending period for the consumer market. Without any good reason we are to buy loads of strange costumes and plastic gear for our kids (?). It was most likely conceived in one of the Secret Pumpkin Growers' fellowship meetings when they were desperate to get rid of a very good crop that happened quite a few years ago. For some reason nowadays we accept the pumpkin as food (hint: look at my avatar for my view on food).

Or it could be something else, quote from http://wilstar.com/holidays/hallown.htm:

"The word itself, "Halloween," actually has its origins in the Catholic Church. It comes from a contracted corruption of All Hallows Eve. November 1, "All Hollows Day" (or "All Saints Day"), is a Catholic day of observance in honor of saints. But, in the 5th century BC, in Celtic Ireland, summer officially ended on October 31. The holiday was called Samhain (sow-en), the Celtic New year.

One story says that, on that day, the disembodied spirits of all those who had died throughout the preceding year would come back in search of living bodies to possess for the next year. It was believed to be their only hope for the afterlife. The Celts believed all laws of space and time were suspended during this time, allowing the spirit world to intermingle with the living.

Naturally, the still-living did not want to be possessed. So on the night of October 31, villagers would extinguish the fires in their homes, to make them cold and undesirable. They would then dress up in all manner of ghoulish costumes and noisily paraded around the neighborhood, being as destructive as possible in order to frighten away spirits looking for bodies to possess.
"

/UrSv

P.S. Waaay off topic

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
That's not punny!

bob4(apples)
a pun on bob for apples
http://www.hauntedbay.com/history/bobbing.shtml

"pre-anders "
a pun on Preanders
"post-anders"
a pun because he came here after Peranders was already here.
OBTW Peranders has been remarkably good natured about my persecution of him and is a gentleman that I rarely had any right to abuse. He has shown me kindness and forgiveness and is a much better person than most of us here when it comes right down to it.

'barbed wire on you teeth"
Ouch that would be very painful for me wouldn't it?
By the way we pronouce it "bob war" in Texas and nobody has any difficulty understanding what we mean.

"How many times have you read the Illuminatus?"
Never! My friend Chris Sommovigo,from my Audient Technologies high end digital interface days, told me about naming his company Illuminati after this book. There I go name dropping again.

"don't talk Fred into using other names"

JULIET
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

ROMEO
I take thee at thy word:
Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
Henceforth I never will be Romeo.

"Harry"
Because it is an enemy to thee;
Had I it written, I would tear the word,
Fred

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: "You knew it was a joke, didn't you?"

bob4 said:
How many times have you read the Illuminatus?

The main 3 books at least 4 times, the entire 7 book extended set a couple times. I have also had the wonderful pleasure of overnighting (two different times actually) at a friends along with Robert Anton Wilson. He is a wonderfully rich and humerous character.

This volume(s) are essential reading for anyone who would like to understand the law of 5s, or understand what a Fnord is -- a bible for surviving in modern times.

dave

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
the Illuminatus

I will check it out.

My choice for bending books on conspiracy theory written in absoluty seriousness is "Behold a Pale Horse" by William Cooper.
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~foley/beholda.htm
This guy makes Art Bell look as trustworthy and steady as you accountant.http://www.artbell.com/

WAY OUT THERE!
Post-HH

P.S. Don't forget to Check out Romeo and Julliet again if you are in need of good cry. I had a even meaner than I am friend laugh out loud during the movie and come as close to starting an actual riot as I have ever witnessed in real life. I was afraid for my life. I kid you not.:Pinoc:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.