Hi from Audio DesignLine (Henry Davis)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

I'm 52 years old and have been in the electronics business for more than 30 years. My experience inlcudes working as an embedded systems developer of both hardware and software, managing hardware and software development, corporate management of technology, division Manager of DSP products, and most recently as a consultant to a wide variety of technology companies in patent strategies, DSP, and software. I currently am the Editor of CMP Media's online publication http://www.audiodesignline.com - CMP publishes a number of technology magazines including EE Times, CRN, and Information Week.

I look forward to reading and participating here.

pinkmouse said:
Hi Henry, and welcome to diyAudio :)

That's a nice site you have there, I shall be sure to bookmark it. But do you actually still build anything yourself? ;)

Yes, I do build a variety of "things" for different hobbies. I've developed several small control projects for my GMC motorhome - a knock sensor, fuel injection made from a GM system intended for trucks, lighting controls, and an in-coach wireless network using a modded Linksys router.

For glass blowing I've developed fully portable furnace and glory hole and am working on an annealing oven controller. All of this equipment has to operate without mains power available using only a single deep cycle 12V battery (100aH).

I designed and built a dive computer to automatically calculate dive times (20years ago) and a rebreather - both abandoned due to liability concerns.

I'm currently building a house in rural Arizona, so I've rebuilt the small solar eletric installation that was in the mobile home, added automatic transfer switches that I've built to handle 2 aux generators. I've built an extended wireless system to connect 2 buildings on my property. This winter's projects include an MPPT charge controller for new solar panels, wiring the house for audio, netowork, phone, TV and security. I'm planning on using the house as a test bed for in-home networking and A/V - selection of technology is pending. Current plans are to control lighting by Insteon modules supplemented with multiple Rabbit MCU-based mini-web-servers. I'll be building some special purpose STAMP or Rabbit based Insteon compatible controllers for LED lights and fire detectors.

I'm currently working on a relatively low power Class D amp using IR parts (100A per channel, 2 channels per board). I'm investigating DIY loadspeaker design to fit my multipurpose room in the new house, and working on the room acoustics.

Henry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.