Banned from SteveHoffman forums - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2005, 06:51 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Red face Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Hi guys.. I am new here. This site I like a lot. I have around six months visiting it. But, finally I decided to register.

I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not?

do you wanted to listen my history?

I still am impressed with the bad experience...
Old 7th December 2005, 06:56 AM   #2
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

welcome
Old 7th December 2005, 07:03 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Quote:
Originally posted by AcidOrangeJuice
Hi guys.. I am new here. This site I like a lot. I have around six months visiting it. But, finally I decided to register.

I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not?

do you wanted to listen my history?

I still am impressed with the bad experience...

Are you banned for being an engineer or for what you said
?

Welcome, anyway.

Jan Didden
Old 7th December 2005, 03:22 PM   #4
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

AOJ,

Welcome to this forum. Hope we don't have to ban you here.
Old 7th December 2005, 03:27 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by karma
welcome
Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by janneman

Are you banned for being an engineer or for what you said
?

Welcome, anyway.

Jan Didden
Both things .
Exactly by the title of electronics engineer not, but by the knowledge that an engineer has, yes; because this seems "to affect" some myths about audio what that people maintains by some reason .

Anyway, I expressed my opinions as engineer, the forum administrator and some moderators obtained and after I obtained and .

Let me explain better.
A guy in that forum is promoting the misinformation that NEGATIVE FEEDBACK is not a good thing. This guy does "supposed Hi-Fi" single-ended class A tube amplifiers. The publicity of this guy is this: Zero negative feedback is used!!.
In other words, he promotes the idea that Zero negative feedback at all is a good thing, and that this is a lot better that to use negative feedback. We know that this statement is false.

Apparently, this guy is not using AC negative feedback at all; but I discovered that the power triode output is self-biasing, that this is essentially DC negative feedback. When I tried to express this, I obtained complete ban.

Another thing: the designs of this guy are simple and basic class A topologies without any negative feedback (the typical introductory basic electronics course ), and these amps. have 10% of distortion. These designs are equivalent in performance to a very poor and cheap design.

This guy, with the publicity of: "Zero negative feedback" as promotion sell these poor designs around 9.500 dollars.
It is really pathetic.
Guys, opinions?
Old 7th December 2005, 03:31 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
OK, that's it, you're out of here !
On the other hand, welcome.
(but don't pee on my territory. btw, your coat looks a mess)
Old 7th December 2005, 03:33 PM   #7
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

You'll find that even among trained engineers, the blithe assertion, "We know that this statement is false" will raise a few eyebrows.

In any event we have NEVER banned anyone for expressing technical opinions, no matter how crazy, wrong, obtuse, whatever- only unreasonably dangerous stuff and personal attacks will cause moderator action.
Old 7th December 2005, 03:41 PM   #8
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

IOW: Telling someone is wrong isn’t wrong. He’ll probably ask to backup your statement but as long as that discussion is polite and with respect of each other’s opinion it’s fine.

/Hugo - will keep an eye on you...
Old 7th December 2005, 03:45 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

u got blessings of the moderator.
Old 7th December 2005, 06:27 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Welcome Acid

You seem to be interested in measurements and advanced topologies and completely uninterested in nonsense like subjective perception. This will guarantee you the blessings of the moderators and you'll hopefully provide endless entertainment for the rest of us. Rest assured you won't be banned - you'll just fit in here naturally.

Just out of curiosity - can you provide links to the booting episode?

Hide this!Advertise here!