diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Banned from SteveHoffman forums (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/69252-banned-stevehoffman-forums.html)

AcidOrangeJuice 7th December 2005 06:51 AM

Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Hi guys.. I am new here. This site I like a lot. I have around six months visiting it. But, finally I decided to register.

I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not? :xeye:

do you wanted to listen my history?

I still am impressed with the bad experience... :xeye:

karma 7th December 2005 06:56 AM

welcome;)

jan.didden 7th December 2005 07:03 AM

Re: Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Quote:

Originally posted by AcidOrangeJuice
Hi guys.. I am new here. This site I like a lot. I have around six months visiting it. But, finally I decided to register.

I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not? :xeye:

do you wanted to listen my history?

I still am impressed with the bad experience... :xeye:

Are you banned for being an engineer or for what you said
;) ?

Welcome, anyway.

Jan Didden

Cal Weldon 7th December 2005 03:22 PM

AOJ,

Welcome to this forum. Hope we don't have to ban you here.;)

AcidOrangeJuice 7th December 2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by karma
welcome;)

Quote:

Originally posted by janneman

Are you banned for being an engineer or for what you said
;) ?

Welcome, anyway.

Jan Didden

Both things :) .
Exactly by the title of electronics engineer not, but by the knowledge that an engineer has, yes; because this seems "to affect" some myths about audio what that people maintains by some reason :xeye: .

Anyway, I expressed my opinions as engineer, the forum administrator and some moderators obtained :hot: and after I obtained :dead: and :smash: .

Let me explain better.
A guy in that forum is promoting the misinformation that NEGATIVE FEEDBACK is not a good thing. This guy does "supposed Hi-Fi" single-ended class A tube amplifiers. The publicity of this guy is this: Zero negative feedback is used!!.
In other words, he promotes the idea that Zero negative feedback at all is a good thing, and that this is a lot better that to use negative feedback. We know that this statement is false.

Apparently, this guy is not using AC negative feedback at all; but I discovered that the power triode output is self-biasing, that this is essentially DC negative feedback. When I tried to express this, I obtained complete ban.:xeye:

Another thing: the designs of this guy are simple and basic class A topologies without any negative feedback (the typical introductory basic electronics course:xeye: ), and these amps. have 10%:dodgy: of distortion. These designs are equivalent in performance to a very poor and cheap design.

This guy, with the publicity of: "Zero negative feedback" as promotion:dead: sell these poor designs around 9.500 dollars.
It is really pathetic.
Guys, opinions?:xeye:

jacco vermeulen 7th December 2005 03:31 PM

OK, that's it, you're out of here !
On the other hand, welcome.
(but don't pee on my territory. btw, your coat looks a mess)

SY 7th December 2005 03:33 PM

You'll find that even among trained engineers, the blithe assertion, "We know that this statement is false" will raise a few eyebrows.

In any event we have NEVER banned anyone for expressing technical opinions, no matter how crazy, wrong, obtuse, whatever- only unreasonably dangerous stuff and personal attacks will cause moderator action.

Netlist 7th December 2005 03:41 PM

IOW: Telling someone is wrong isnít wrong. Heíll probably ask to backup your statement but as long as that discussion is polite and with respect of each otherís opinion itís fine.

/Hugo - will keep an eye on you... ;)

sagarverma 7th December 2005 03:45 PM

u got blessings of the moderator.;)

analog_sa 7th December 2005 06:27 PM

Re: Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Welcome Acid

You seem to be interested in measurements and advanced topologies and completely uninterested in nonsense like subjective perception. This will guarantee you the blessings of the moderators and you'll hopefully provide endless entertainment for the rest of us. Rest assured you won't be banned - you'll just fit in here naturally.

Just out of curiosity - can you provide links to the booting episode?