Banned from SteveHoffman forums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys.. I am new here. This site I like a lot. I have around six months visiting it. But, finally I decided to register.

I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not? :xeye:

do you wanted to listen my history?

I still am impressed with the bad experience... :xeye:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
AcidOrangeJuice said:
Hi guys.. I am new here. This site I like a lot. I have around six months visiting it. But, finally I decided to register.

I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not? :xeye:

do you wanted to listen my history?

I still am impressed with the bad experience... :xeye:

Are you banned for being an engineer or for what you said
;) ?

Welcome, anyway.

Jan Didden

karma said:

janneman said:

Are you banned for being an engineer or for what you said
;) ?

Welcome, anyway.

Jan Didden

Both things :) .
Exactly by the title of electronics engineer not, but by the knowledge that an engineer has, yes; because this seems "to affect" some myths about audio what that people maintains by some reason :xeye: .

Anyway, I expressed my opinions as engineer, the forum administrator and some moderators obtained :hot: and after I obtained :dead: and :smash: .

Let me explain better.
A guy in that forum is promoting the misinformation that NEGATIVE FEEDBACK is not a good thing. This guy does "supposed Hi-Fi" single-ended class A tube amplifiers. The publicity of this guy is this: Zero negative feedback is used!!.
In other words, he promotes the idea that Zero negative feedback at all is a good thing, and that this is a lot better that to use negative feedback. We know that this statement is false.

Apparently, this guy is not using AC negative feedback at all; but I discovered that the power triode output is self-biasing, that this is essentially DC negative feedback. When I tried to express this, I obtained complete ban.:xeye:

Another thing: the designs of this guy are simple and basic class A topologies without any negative feedback (the typical introductory basic electronics course:xeye: ), and these amps. have 10%:dodgy: of distortion. These designs are equivalent in performance to a very poor and cheap design.

This guy, with the publicity of: "Zero negative feedback" as promotion:dead: sell these poor designs around 9.500 dollars.
It is really pathetic.
Guys, opinions?:xeye:

You'll find that even among trained engineers, the blithe assertion, "We know that this statement is false" will raise a few eyebrows.

In any event we have NEVER banned anyone for expressing technical opinions, no matter how crazy, wrong, obtuse, whatever- only unreasonably dangerous stuff and personal attacks will cause moderator action.

Welcome Acid

You seem to be interested in measurements and advanced topologies and completely uninterested in nonsense like subjective perception. This will guarantee you the blessings of the moderators and you'll hopefully provide endless entertainment for the rest of us. Rest assured you won't be banned - you'll just fit in here naturally.

Just out of curiosity - can you provide links to the booting episode?

Negative feedback is not always a good thing, though it is not always a bad thing either, especially in moderation. Negative feedback is not always good when its through a transformer of poor bandwidth or otherwise poorly implemented. Its also not that great when your clipping alot. I suspect that both might apply to that design were it used.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi AcidOrangeJuice,
Welcome!
Negative feedback is not always a good thing, though it is not always a bad thing either, especially in moderation. Negative feedback is not always good when its through a transformer of poor bandwidth or otherwise poorly implemented. Its also not that great when your clipping alot. I suspect that both might apply to that design were it used.
Look what you've started already!:eek:

I think you will feel at home here.

-Chris

Konnichiwa,

AcidOrangeJuice said:
I am electronics engineer, specialized in solid state audio amplifiers, and by this cause I obtained of status of banned in SteveHoffman forums... Incredible not?

Not incredible at all. I am on the other side of the fence (EE yes but prefering valves and for sound reasons [pun intentional]) and have been banned from Robert E Greene's (of TAS) Yahoo group for persuing a line of argument that was actually fully and comprehensively backed in which I argued that from a system wide view in the correct context a SE Valve Amplifier without feedback resulting in dramatically lower distortion than using a "virtually no distortion" SE Amplifier (BTW, that bit is also completely true).

It seems that people who have attained certain levels of prominece find very poor moral affordibility (moral affordability is a term which I define as the cost to a persons worldview in accepting a given contention as true) in tolerating views that contradict their own, no matter how well founded such views may be. They seem less interested in the actual truth than in merely preaching the same party line (whichever it happens to be).

Now don't get me wrong, I like a good party as much as the guy next door or more (more actually, a lot more, ask him, he nearly called da police on one of my ones), but when they become a dogma to the exclusion of having fun it gets tedious.

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.