Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to diyAudio,

I'm pretty much a beginner as you will discover if you read on. I'd like to do some voice-overs and play around with consoles that have lots of buttons on them - even if I don't need one! The Behringer range look rather nice - the more buttons and slides the better (hee, hee, hee).

I've got as far as constructing a sound booth which is timber framed, double glazed and stuffed with rock wool (not the double glazing: the walls, ceiling and floor). Try getting away with that if you are married!!!

Having constructed the booth back in the spring, which cost me almost as much to DIY as it would have to buy a self-assembly type, I have cut back on expenditure somewhat. However, my joining diyAudio marks a comeback to the world of sound and I shall probably be begging outside Tescos come the next spring.

I've decided that the best way to learn is just to experiment. I recently purchased a Grundig TK 17L Reel to Reel. It is ever so cute. My father recorded a lot of stuff on R to R when my sisters and I were kids and, since his TK 23L died some years back, I've decided to get the recordings onto a more accessible medium (cassette tape to begin with). I've got as far as buying a 5-pin connector which has two phono connectors on the other end, and have found the sound out port (line out?). Unfortunately the TK17L is mono and so what I have recorded so far only comes out of one speaker in my stereo system. I'm thinking of asking for advice on the forum but am still trying to work out how to phrase the question.

To get mono out of two stereo speakers doesn't make sense, but I know it is a reality because I have some old mono records and even mono CD's, and they come out of both speakers.

Well, you see where I am, eh? At the very start of the learning curve!

Anyway, nice to join you all. I hope to learn a lot and one day even give something back.

Regards

Bari Tone
x

Tk 17L

Hello there
I have recently bought the very same model and was wondering if you could give me some insight into how to make a recording on it. I know it works as the tape that came with it (a lovely collection of family/60s musical recordings) plays admirably. I've tried (seemingly) all possible ways of performing said action but with no luck unfortunately. Possibly the mic is broken?
Any advice you could give would be great help
Thanks
Adrian O'Sullivan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.