Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new to the site...I just started reading it a few days ago. I've been at Audiocircle for a few years. Since picking up a Sonic Impact about a year and a half ago, I've really enjoying battery powered tripath amplification. I'm using a Vinni Rossi Clari-T, and I'm thinking of having a Charlize from diyparadise be my first project.

I've never done a diy project (and I have a million questions). I really like what I've discovered in the last few days about the possibilities of quality sound for not too much money. The last time I soldered was in 1993, in my 8th grade metal shop class....so it should be an interesting learning experience.

Wow you bought the T-Amp over a year and a half ago. I'm new here too and I just heard about the T-Amp a few weeks ago. I'll be building an amp3. I need to work on my soldering skills to for those surface mounts.

Anyways, welcome to the forums.

Brent, where do you plan on doing your soldering practice? I was wondering about that today...

Well I solder at my apartment on my office table. Its actually a lot of space because its a party table but if my roomate starts using the table I might have to move somewhere else where there is less movement. I'm workin on a blower from cpu used CPU fans so I don't breath the solder. I need to repair a few electronic devices so I'll be getting my practice there. Best thing to do before working on REAL projects is to practice on other things that are not as important.

If you are looking for the ideal settings to solder in
-Make sure you have a lot of light
-Having a fan to blow fumes away but not blow on the solder
-Comfortable positioning of objects (those "helper hands" come in handy, especially the magnifying glass)
-Comfortable posture
-Stability
-Patience

I recommend working in blocks instead of all at once. (Pretty good advice for most things too). Also there are plenty of online websites on how to solder, at least to help you get back in the groove.

Hope that helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.