Greetings!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! I've decided to join the forums after a lot of exploring and searching here.

After hearing about the SI T-Amp and learning what all the craze was about, I concluded that it was possible to have Hi-Fi audio at a reasonable price. So I did a lot of research, like I do with all my DIY projects, found DIY the way to go and decided on the www.41hz.com amp3. I'm still researching different speaker designs leaning towards the highly efficient fostex drivers with either a ML TL or simple horn design.

I've made a arcade box controller using a playstation 2 controller so I have experience with working with wood and soldering, but I need to improve my soldering skill further for assembly of the amp3. (Those surface mounts look tricky and I don't want to mess up a $32 project... just takes practice)

I play the piano, enjoy music (who doesn't) and have a well trained ear. I own a pair of Koss Portapros but thats about it in terms of good sounding devices. I'm willing to spend more money on decent speakers/amp (~200 dollars total, more if including a sub) because more people can listen to speakers than you can on headphones. Also, headphones can create listener's fatigue and feel like the music is in your head.

Anyways, you guys do seem very friendly and resourceful. I hope to get awesome advice and give advice on the topics of my knowledge and experience. :)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Brent, and welcome to diyAudio. :)

I'm sure if you've been lurking you'll have seen the Full Range forum, that should be the place for you. I'm not a great FR fan, but I must admit, even I'm tempted by the new CCS drivers.

Have you actually built the 41Hz amps yet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.