Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2002, 01:19 AM   #51
dice45 is offline dice45  Germany
diyAudio Member

BC108man,
welcome!

How could i (see my profile) have missed that discussion on beer?

Jocko quotes me right as far as i think th only Paulaner enjoyable is the dark double bock beer called Salvator. High voltage stuff, nuffin' for woosies.
But there are other double bock beers i like better (although not much), the Löwenbräu Triumphator is fine and my new favourite is the double bock from the Hofbräuhaus brewery (no idea whihc XXXator name it uses), i never liked their stuff but this one i like best. It contains no Farbebier ("colour-beer", dark beer syrup to get the colour as dark as wanted), i can clearly tell that from the taste. Just strong dark beer with a fine taste, not too sweet, not too fat, slender but strong. Almost ideal.

There is another bock beer i like best, even better than the Hofbräuhaus double bock. It is only available around Xmas in Bamberg, it is the Xmas bock from Mahrsbräu. This is a bright bock beer tasting like a Pilsener. Just as slender, just the same fine bitter taste. It makes this job better than any Pilsener i ever have drunken. Just after a few glasses, you know this cannot be a Pilsener. Because you are . High voltage stuff with incredible amounts of finest hops, the hops making you more stoned than the alcohol.
This Mahrsbräu Xmas bock is meant as an incentive to customers (and priced moderatoely as such). Only a small quantity (1 Sud, one production lot) is brewed, not according to economical principles but massively to quality principles. Only the amount of fluid coming unforced after processing is cooked to malt soup, no additional elusion of malt components takes place. Only the finest flavour hops sorts are used even for the 1st hops dose.
The yeast used is fresh but did prove already once it does ferment well.
All possible care, skill and knowledge is taken to supervise fermenting, depositing, filtering.
Result: a super-strong beer tasting like a ligh Pilsener but having the massive body and detailedness of a heavy top-notch red Bordeaux wine. Not kidding, this beer demonstrates what is possible. It stands out like a lighthouse, quality-wise.

Back to Pilseners:
I pretty much like Jever, Flensburger, Budweiser, Bitburger, Kitzmann, each for its very special own character. Bitburger and Flensburger being my favourites.
You can chase me with most other Pilseners including Warsteiner. I must fervently need a sleeping drink in the hotel with nothing other at hand before i drink Warsteiner.

But my real favourites are not beer (except the Mahrsbräu Xmas bock), they are the massive red Bordeaux wines, preferably from the St.Emilion and Margeaux region and also certain Scotch single malt whiskys: Lagavulin, Macallan if i want it mild and complex, Springbanks and Longrow if i want it explosive.

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2002, 02:11 PM   #52
diyAudio Member

Default drink - drunk- drank.......

nothing beats a bottle of big burgundy............well, two bottles are perhaps even better ???

troels

Hide this!Advertise here!