Can't believe what's here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yup, once had a fun night drinking Karg in a bar in Hanover it must have travelled well from Bavaria... never seen it since though
Hi Al :) :
Karg in Hannover:eek: Wow, I guess that must be almost as rare as aliens at Oktoberfest (although.... it perfectly might be that I have seen some yesterday....with all that Paulaner.....:D )

BTW: BC108man, over all that beer :xeye: I almost forgot it:

Welcome!!!

I'll take this as a beery welcome party

Not sure what 18 hops means, unless that's one of pinkmouse's ale recipes. But yes, Roadrunner is my ISP here in NY.

And yes, Korean beer does have that effect on me. Maybe it's because 50% of Korean women are stunning to begin with...

Murphy's is good in Cork, where it's brewed. But there's nothing like the Guinness they make in Dublin from the blessed Liffey water. All the export stuff is pasteurised to preserve it, and that's the beginning of the end.

Cheers, BC :drink:

BC108man,

18 hops means thats how many routers I go through to get to your network, or your ISPs network.
try the website its quite interesting(or am i just sad):rolleyes:
I often use it to figure what country a website is in if its not so clear by entering the url.

the conclusion was that after 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks, both sexes found the opposite sex to be more attractive.

Attachments

• beer_twistedhumor.jpg
    beer_twistedhumor.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 119
Korean beer...

well, I can't speak for their beer, but I've tried the whiskey. Hoo boy, do those Koreans ever drink! Let's just say I had something of an adventure while on a business trip there... ;)

As for British beer, if you're ever in Yorkshire, do yourself a favour and order up a pint of draft Theakston's Old Peculiar... Mmmm... good stuff. Like Guiness, it doesn't travel far. :(

Next time I'm there, I'll lift a pint for you, BC108man...

Cheers, and welcome to the forum!

MR. FEEDBACK...

its really true about the swedes and alcohol, i know for shure because i know one of them....well, he's actually danish but has moved to sweden - and after that he really got into trouble......bob bob bob !!!!!!!!! F

troels

weisbeer rules!!!!!!!!!!

Since we started to talk about beer. Has anyone tested Zeunertz Bayer from Sollefteå in north of Sweden. Sollefteå is (nor or less in the geographical of center of Sweden) 700-800 km north of Stockholm.

There was a german bloke Herr Zeunertz who came to Sollefteå long time ago.

My experience with this beer:

Sommer, bicycling 70 km with strong wind towards me, empty resturant in an old railway station in Leksand, waiter looking like a member in Hells Angels, his wife small an pretty (what a contrast), me thirsty and hungry.

I want beer, what do you have? - I recommend Zeunertz! ok....I'll take that....

Icecold, small bubbly bayer beer, like velvet on the tounghe. (together with a big juicy entre-côte).

My best and stronest beer exepience so far. Swedish beer in the german style is soooo good. Good german beer, Königshofer Essenberger (not sure about the name) is also very easy to drink, yes.

tbla said:
MR. FEEDBACK...

its really true about the swedes and alcohol, i know for shure because i know one of them....well, he's actually danish but has moved to sweden - and after that he really got into trouble......bob bob bob !!!!!!!!! F

Yes, the swedes drinking habits are heavy (like cave people). We have a weird look at alcohol. When swedes go abroad, Denmark, Mallorca, Spain, Greece, the Alps etc, they drink hard. Cheap booze, noone who sees them....but mostly young people...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Per, yes just like British kids, strange how restrictive licensing laws lead to more problems...

:att'n: A warning, Shepherd Neame's autumn ale Late Red, is fighting beer!!

I was out last night, drinking the above ale with some pro audio buddies of mine, and this was the result - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=67625
I overreacted big time:( :( :(

So I have learnt two lessons from this- don't drink beer with Red in the name, and don't Post Under the Influence.

BC108man,
welcome!

How could i (see my profile) have missed that discussion on beer?

Jocko quotes me right as far as i think th only Paulaner enjoyable is the dark double bock beer called Salvator. High voltage stuff, nuffin' for woosies.
But there are other double bock beers i like better (although not much), the Löwenbräu Triumphator is fine and my new favourite is the double bock from the Hofbräuhaus brewery (no idea whihc XXXator name it uses), i never liked their stuff but this one i like best. It contains no Farbebier ("colour-beer", dark beer syrup to get the colour as dark as wanted), i can clearly tell that from the taste. Just strong dark beer with a fine taste, not too sweet, not too fat, slender but strong. Almost ideal.

There is another bock beer i like best, even better than the Hofbräuhaus double bock. It is only available around Xmas in Bamberg, it is the Xmas bock from Mahrsbräu. This is a bright bock beer tasting like a Pilsener. Just as slender, just the same fine bitter taste. It makes this job better than any Pilsener i ever have drunken. Just after a few glasses, you know this cannot be a Pilsener. Because you are :drunk: . High voltage stuff with incredible amounts of finest hops, the hops making you more stoned than the alcohol.
This Mahrsbräu Xmas bock is meant as an incentive to customers (and priced moderatoely as such). Only a small quantity (1 Sud, one production lot) is brewed, not according to economical principles but massively to quality principles. Only the amount of fluid coming unforced after processing is cooked to malt soup, no additional elusion of malt components takes place. Only the finest flavour hops sorts are used even for the 1st hops dose.
The yeast used is fresh but did prove already once it does ferment well.
All possible care, skill and knowledge is taken to supervise fermenting, depositing, filtering.
Result: a super-strong beer tasting like a ligh Pilsener but having the massive body and detailedness of a heavy top-notch red Bordeaux wine. Not kidding, this beer demonstrates what is possible. It stands out like a lighthouse, quality-wise.

Back to Pilseners:
I pretty much like Jever, Flensburger, Budweiser, Bitburger, Kitzmann, each for its very special own character. Bitburger and Flensburger being my favourites.
You can chase me with most other Pilseners including Warsteiner. I must fervently need a sleeping drink in the hotel with nothing other at hand before i drink Warsteiner.

But my real favourites are not beer (except the Mahrsbräu Xmas bock), they are the massive red Bordeaux wines, preferably from the St.Emilion and Margeaux region and also certain Scotch single malt whiskys: Lagavulin, Macallan if i want it mild and complex, Springbanks and Longrow if i want it explosive.

Cheers! :drink:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.