Hello all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok since I'm pretty new at this I don't really understand high-efficiency more than the name or the electrostatic setup..(you may laugh now..). I have worked on cars as a hobby so i understand teh others. Right now I believe it will be a multidriver system, but i dont know if the would be FR? Noob.

I am currently looking at adire's stuff, their 6.8 Extremis and their 3" mids. I was thinking of doing a system with 2 of each with a tweeter or two. I don't know if this would work so...

I don't quite understand when I need a external amp or XO so I am starting to read alot now.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

:smash:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Arc said:
so I am starting to read alot now.

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forums. What you said about reading is a heck of a start. It will help make things a lot easier to understand when you start asking technical questions. It's amazing just how technical the seemingly simple loudspeaker can be.

If you haven't done it before, it might be wise to consider a kit. It can be a little more expensive than starting from scratch but the ground work has been done for you, while still allowing a hands on approach.

How big can they be?

What size of amp do you have?

What size of room, how loud, what style of music?

There are many things to consider before deciding on what components might suit you best.

Anyway, hope your journey is a smooth one.

Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.