Checking in...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, my name is Greg. I feel pretty fortunate to have stumbled across this forum. It's nice to meet others with similar interests and passions.

I'm 34(ish), and I've had the passion for mobile audio equipment since I was 15. Truthfully, my interest peaked early on. I have since lost a lot of interest in the newer stuff. I love the old stuff.

I joined the Navy right out of high school. I was trained to be a reactor operator. Part of the training was also to be an electronics technician. The Navy method for teaching electronics in the nuclear program is theory based. I learned all the whys behind how things worked right down to the component level. It was my overwhelming desire to know exactly how my car amplfier worked that motivated me to do well in school. I kept waiting for the tidbit of information that would put it all together for me. Turns out, there were a lot of tidbits to assimilate. :)

12 years later...I quit the Navy (even though I would consider myself to have been very successful to that point). I couldn't leave my family beind for a second sea tour. Instead, I started a career as an operator at a commercial nuke plant. The pay is much better and I don't spend much time at sea.

I have a handful of interests outside of work. I have a webpage of sorts at Gotstang.com. Here's a link:

http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?NoSlo5.0&page=1

I enjoy woodworking, building car amps (I'm like the Chinese, I just copy the good stuff), as well as my car. Hopefully I'll take on some home audio projects too. I know my son is after some new speakers...I look forward to interacting with you all!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.