Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I stumbled across this site after following a link in computer forum to a review of the Sonic Impact amplifier. A bit of googling, and I ended up here. These are probably the best forums I have ever come across! As an audio neophyte, I don't know if there's much that I'll be able to offer others, but I couldn't resist joining anyway.

Being a music lover and a bit of a computer nerd, I decided to turn my spare computer into a 'jukebox'. I only recently discovered Apple's iTunes software (even though my girlfriend has been using it for about 2 years), and thought it would be great to store all my CDs on hard disk in lossless format. I then realised that I was going to need a 'proper' soundcard, an amp, and some speakers. I settled on getting an M-Audio Revolution 5.1 soundcard, as the price wasn't too outrageous (from eBay in the US), and from all reports it is uncomplicated to use and has good sound quality. I've got a 15yo pair of B&W bookshelf speakers which don't sound too bad for what they are. That leaves me needing an amp, hence my interest in the SI. After reading a bit more in these forums, and getting the DIY bug, I've decided to build a gainclone. I've ordered an LM3875 kit from Peter Daniels, and I'm looking forward to some fun with hot solder!

Anyway, thanks for your patience if you've read this far. If anyone wants to know how my project goes, I'll be glad to keep you up-to-date. I'm also good at quietening computers, so if you have any questions about this, please ask.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.