Hi From New Delhi - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2005, 05:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hi From New Delhi

I amd iving in New Delhi currently. I am originally from the USA, but moved to Greece in 1999. FOr the last two years I have been working in India.
Old 29th May 2005, 08:16 PM   #2
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

We very much welcome a globetrotter.
What interests in audio brought you here?

/Hugo
Old 20th July 2005, 03:48 PM   #3
gjo is offline gjo  India
diyAudio Member

Default Hi

Greeting from Bangalore!

So what are your interests in audio and hifi?

George
Old 20th July 2005, 04:42 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks for the interest

Hi Hugo and George,
I hope you read this reply and thanks for your interest.

My interest is mainly small (10cm to begin with) single full range driver speakers, utilizing enclosure design as opposed to crossover circuits. I want to achieve satisfying results without extra electronics or sub-bass units.

I just finished building a pair of TQWT enclosures for some JBL dual cone 4" drivers (new old stock) I found gathering dust in an auto audio shop in Delhi. The following project will be a modified Fostex rear loaded horn design for a pair of FE103E's I just picked up while in Tokyo.

Cheers, Stuart
Old 20th July 2005, 08:53 PM   #5
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hello Stuart,

Welcome to the forums. You'll find lots to talk about in the full range forum including a small driver you might not have access to: The CSS WR or FR125 that seems quite popular now.

Heres a link
CSS FR125S ... production units playing now...

and another
just ordered my CSS 4.5" XBL wideranges... who else?

Cal
Old 24th July 2005, 07:14 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks Cal, for the links. I will check them out. For sure, there are slim pickings in India for FR/WR drivers. I will be moving within the next 6 months, anyway.

FYI, I picked up in Japan (there is a very active DIY community there) a magazine dedicated to DIY speaker people. In this issue comes a small (3", i assume) fostex "kit" to build your own speaker...all components and instructions included in an attached box. It was 2800 yen, which is about 20 USD. I bought two, so I could have a set. It will be interesting to play around with these and see what you can do with the minimum.

CHeers, Stuart
Old 12th August 2005, 01:25 AM   #7
gjo is offline gjo  India
diyAudio Member

Hi Stuart

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw this..

I have built a few speakers systems for my home(for audio and HT), all two ways, a couple of them are designs that Joe D'Appollito has done-the MTM type two ways. I also have a couple of powered subs using passive radiators.

I have heard Lowthers, but never listened to Fostex. I considred trying full raneg but with too many speakers around the house, just gave up!

Rgds

George
Old 12th August 2005, 03:14 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi George,

Check out the link I posted on the "Indian equivalents to DIY..." thread. Or do a google search for "cadence Brenthworth" and read about these Brentworth single driver enclosures. It just might convert you...

Good luck.

Stuart
Old 12th August 2005, 03:30 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Location: kansas city mo, and on occasion, around the world ...
Originally posted by s_zimble
FYI, I picked up in Japan (there is a very active DIY community there) a magazine dedicated to DIY speaker people.
CHeers, Stuart
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````
please tell us the name/website of this magazine
tomtt
`````````````````````````````````````````````
was it this one?

http://www.iar.co.jp
Old 12th August 2005, 02:24 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I do not have the Japan links in front of me, but do a scan of the last week in the "DIY equivalents in India..." thread. I posted the info there.

Japan has some very interesting designs happening and lots of supply. They have a way of giving much attention to aesthetics and unusual materials and do not seem to rely purely on math, and the "ultimate" performance. I suppose part of it is that the experience of listening to music is spacial, visual (for those with eye sight), etc...

Stuart

Hide this!Advertise here!