Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2005, 06:29 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Another South African

Hi Everyone

I'm an Engineer working as Project Manager in Cape Town.

My interests are all types of audio (why else would I be here?), digital and analog design, programming and everything that can be described as electronic or technological in general!

I am just about to embark on what I foresee to be a long line of projects. I'm ashamed to admit that I still only have a VCR hooked up to a TV as my entertainment system, but that's about to change.

I'm currently scouting out DVD players and as soon as I have one, my amplifier/crossover/speaker building journey will begin!

I look forward to corresponding with everyone on the forum and submitting my ideas for criticism here. Hopefully I'll also be able to give some input into some of your projects.

Regards

theodoric
Old 17th May 2005, 09:53 AM   #2
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum. Sounds as though you are contemplating an active crossover - digits?
Old 17th May 2005, 09:55 AM   #3
Jozua is offline Jozua  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Why not join the Cape Town Audio Club

Hi

Please consider joining the Cape Town Audio Club where you will find experts to audio novices.

We try to meet once a month - usually at someones house as it is the easiest versus carting expensive equipment around and on occasions at shops.

Email me at jozua@ribbonspeakers.com and I will put you on our mailing list.

Jozua
Old 17th May 2005, 11:41 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the welcome.

Digital crossovers...? Yes I might use those. I have a working prototype 2-way digital crossover which I am considering to improve/extend on.

Thanks for the invite Jozua. Perhaps you could first tell me what exactly this "club" does?
Old 19th May 2005, 07:00 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Welcome theodoric

A big welcome from another South African now living in UK. By doing hands-on audio/electronic design you'll keep your technical skills honed.

There is a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise on this forum and several of the projects designed by members here are truly groundbreaking.

Welcome

John Hope

Hide this!Advertise here!